Of great value for both residents and tourists, the General Hospital of Kythera, also known as “Trifillio”, was founded in 1957 thanks to the donation of the Kytherian expatriate Nik. Trifillis. His bust adorns the entrance of this recently renovated, modern hospital, and serves as a constant reminder of the strong ties between Kythereans of the diaspora to their original homeland. The hospital is located on the main road, 600 meters from Potamos and 4 klm from Aroniadika. It is the pride and joy of Kythereans to have such a state of the art health center, serving as a model for similar healthcare units in other Greek islands.